As I’ve been getting nearer to reaching the 120 idioms illustrations I set myself as a goal I’ve been thinking about where to go next. Lots of options and stuff I’d like to do and I haven’t quite decided yet, but here’s how things stand at the moment:
- It took me a while to warm up to the idioms, but I’m rather fond of them now. I’ll take a bit of a break from them after I reach the 120, but I’ll probably do a few more at least eventually. There is also a good chance that I’ll go back to them in a more substantial way, though no promises.
- After much deliberation I decided that creating more character mnemonics probably makes sense after all. I’m going to try to cover the HSK1 characters most likely, maybe some others I like.
- I want to rework the explanation of Kangxi characters to be a bit more friendly and ultimately make it part of a general basic introduction to Chinese characters.
- Rummaging through archive.org has produced a bunch of interesting stuff. Most of it unfortunately too difficult and/or would be too much work for me to handle. There are two texts I particularly like though, and I’ll try to do something with them. I also aim to do a couple of short descriptions/reviews of others at least.
- Things Beyond 之: This blog wasn’t really supposed to be just about Chinese initially. It’s most likely going to remain the major focus by far, but I do want to deal with other writing systems (Arabic, Braille, Cyrillic, Devanagari, Egyptean Hieroglyphs…) and individual characters, signs, and symbols. I’ve been meaning to talk about the Tironian Et (⁊) forever (It’s more interesting than it looks).
- Etc.: Various miscellaneous stuff and things: I’ve tried to keep this blog fairly focused on the whole, but lately I’ve been thinking it could stand to be a bit less uptight maybe. So I’ll just try some stuff basically, see how it goes.
Short-term, I’m just getting over nasty cold which has lost me the headway I made on rebuildig my buffer of posts. So I might have to draw on my secret reserve of emergency backup content for a bit. Worst case there’ll be a short hiatus or change to the schedule (Monday/Wednesday/Sunday as of now), but I hope I can avoid that. I’m also still hoping to be able to finish the 120 idioms drawings before the end of the year.
That’s about it for now, I suppose. Thanks and goodbye for now.